Getting your Basic License
BECOME AN AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR
We can help you become a licensed ham radio operator with our Basic Qualification course. Our team of volunteer instructors and will provide you with the information you will need to get your ham radio license and get on the air fast!
With our ham radio Basic Qualifications course, you will get online training delivered by experienced hams holding Advanced licenses.
Topics will include:
- Introduction to Amateur Radio & Getting Down to Basics
- Ohm's Law
- Power, Inductors & Capacitors
- Diodes, Transistors, Tubes & Power Supplies
- Waves, Wavelength, Frequency, Bands & Propagation
- Transmission Lines & Antennas
- Modulation, Transmitters & Receivers
- Radio Frequency Interference & Safety Regulations
- Establishing and Operating an Amateur Radio Station
- Review Class
The course is delivered in approximately 8 session. Upon conclusion of the course, there are number of amateur radio recognized examiners who will administer the exam remotely across Canada. Updates with specific registration information will be posted once the dates are confirmed.
OUR NEXT BASIC QUALIFICATIONS COURSE WILL BE OFFERED IN SEPTEMBER 2021. We will post information regarding how to sign up in August 2021.
Our national association, Radio Amateurs of Canada also runs online courses for Basic and Advanced level licenses. Please see their website for more information about their courses at www.rac.ca