BECOME A HAM RADIO OPERATOR
We can help you become a licensed ham radio operator in as little as 10-weeks with our Basic Qualification licensing course. Our expert team of instructors and will teach you all information you will need to get your ham radio license and get on the air fast!
With our ham radio licensing course, you will get:
- 20 hours of classroom training;
- Hands-on learning with actual equipment and learning aids;
- A 320 page study guide with illustrations and sample questions;
Our course will be held on Wednesday nights from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at 10 William Morgan Drive, Toronto, ON. The class dates will be as follows:
Week 1 – 18-Sep – Introduction to Amateur Radio & Getting Down to Basics
Week 2 – 25-Sep – Ohm’s Law, Power, Inductors & Capacitors
Week 3 – 2-Oct- Diodes, Transistors, Tubes & Power Supplies
Week 4 – 9-Oct – Waves, Wavelength, Frequency, Bands & Propagation
Week 5 – 16-Oct – Transmission Lines & Antennas
Week 6 – 23-Oct – Modulation, Transmitters & Receivers
Week 7 – 30-Oct – Radio Frequency Interference & Safety
Week 8 – 6-Nov – Regulations
Week 9 – 13-Nov – Establishing and Operating an Amateur Radio Station
Week 10 – 20-Nov – Review Class
Week 10 – 23-Nov – Examination
- $50 payable at the 1st lecture on September 18th.
- Students will need to purchase their own Canadian Amateur Radio Basic Qualification Study Guide prior beginning of the course.
Registration deadline is September 12th. Space is limited, so register early!
Still have questions? Email us!