Does anyone use this forum anymore?

I'm a new prospective Ham Radio hobbyist, studying right now solo to do the basic certificiate, hopefully with honors because HF is what really interests me.   I'm in Scarborough, and I work downtown (College/Spadina area).  Just hoping to say hi to some other folks in the area.  

I haven't got an HF
 radio yet, but a kind "Elmer" has offered me the loan of one, once he's recovered from an illness.  I'm really impressed by that spirit of generosity, and I hope to return such acts of kindness over time.  I guess you have to wonder what the point of a hobby about COMMUNICATION is, if you can't also communicate good-will and friendship.  So that's my general philosophy about hobbies, and about life, in a nutshell.

It seems an odd request, but if anyone can point me at where the really ACTIVE HAM web-forums are for Canadians/Ontarians, I'd appreciate it!
I've found the KWARC swapshop site, and that's a great place to monitor as I watch for a steal of a deal on an HF rig,  and there's a Yahoo Group that's reasonably active for the YRARC, but it seems most of the Toronto/416 regional HAM club forums are really really dead.  

I hope to make it out to some In Person club meetings of various GTA clubs.

Warren

Clearly the answer is that everybody is too busy rag-chewing on 20 meters to be bothered with an Internet Forum. :-)

I was at the last meeting,  March 4th, which is the usual date (First Tuesday, monthly, at 
 Leaside Retirement Residence, 10 William Morgan Drive ) and the meeting was fun.

I hope someone comes along and brings this forum back to life.   I'm a new ham, and am still working out the kinks and trying to get on the air.

CQ
 CQ CQ de VE3WPX. Anybody here?

Hi Warren sorry for the delay I am still trying to get use to group spaces and how it works Hope to see you at the meeting on the 6th of May 73 Ward

Central Toronto Amateur Radio Club