HF or 2 meter + HF?

Allard -

I do own and use a BaoFeng UV5R+ dual band radio for 2 metres and 440 MHz.  As an all-around amateur radio enthusiast, I would recommend getting on any band you can muster up and start a conversation.  I am not one to be stuck on any particular mode or frequency, and I do utilize my Elecraft KX3 and Kenwood TS-450S/AT for worldwide (30 to 10 metres), nationwide (30 to 10 metres) , and even city-wide (160 to 40 metres) communications. The latest thing that all the cool kids have these days are DMR radios for digital voice communications via talk groups - world/nation/and city-wide as well.

May I recommend that you plan on participating in the CENTOR Field Day weekend this last weekend in June?  It is a great way to get your feet wet with different antennas, radios, frequencies while working with other like-minded hams who love doing things in this great hobby. We will be updating both this GroupSpaces page as well as the club FaceBook page with details as the event planning progresses.  We are looking for both leaders and operators!

73!

Paul
VE3EEI

Central Toronto Amateur Radio Club